"D" TYPE LONG TERM RESIDENT PERMIT APPLICATION
Nationals of India need residence permit (long-term-visa) to take up work, voluntary work, study, conduct research, or join a third country national family member living in Hungary for a period of more than 90 days.
Residence permit must be applied before you actually go to Hungary. Please note that short-term (so called C-visa or Schengen visa) does not permit you to travel to Hungary for working or studying beyond 90 days.
The below categories have to seek appointments and apply at the Consulate General of Hungary - Mumbai via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purpose of Study / Student Mobility
- Long Term Mobility of Researchers
- White Card / Digital Nomad
- Gainful Activity
- Other Purposes
- Purpose of Medical Treatment
- Official Purposes
- Signature Attestation / Power of Attorney Attestations
- Biometrics (if applied via Enter Hungary)
- Hungarian Police Clearance Certificate / Conduct Certificate
- Appeal Applications
- Family Member of Hungarian Citizen
The below categories applying for D type Visa (Long term / Residence Permit) have to seek appointments and apply at the VFS Global – Mumbai (Trade Centre, First Floor, ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051) https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/hun
- Purpose of Employment
- Purpose of Intra Corporate Transfer
- Purpose of Family Reunification (Dependents)
The passport and the decision on the residence permit application can be collected by a representative, presenting an authorized letter duly signed by the applicant certified by public notary.
For information on long-term “visa” (residence permit) types and requirements, kindly visit the site of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing of Hungary:
Nationals and/or residents of India from (the consular district of the Consulate General of Hungary in Mumbai) Maharashtra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Telangana, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli can submit a D visa application at the Consulate General of Hungary in Mumbai. (Consulate General of Hungary, TCG Financial Centre, C-53/G-Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai – MH (Maharashtra) 400098, India: consulate.mum(a)mfa.gov.hu ).
A proof of residence must be lodged during the submission.
Passport collection for all D type visa applications should be collected from the Consulate General of Hungary – Mumbai from Monday to Thursday 12.00pm to 02.00pm
TCG Financial Centre, C-53/G-Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex Mumbai
Kindly collect your Residence Permit Card (RP card) from the Office of Immigration in Hungary within 30 days from the date of arrival in Hungary.
In case of refusal, applicant has the right to appeal.
- Appeals must be submitted in person either by the applicant or by the representative with a valid power of attorney from the applicant at the Consular and Visa Section of the Embassy of Hungary in working hours, within 8 days after receiving the decision on refusal.
The appeal should be lodged in written duly signed by the applicant or by the person who has a power of attorney. The fee for the appeal procedure must be paid at the time of submitting the appeal by card. The fee for the appeal procedure will not be reimbursed in any case. The fee for the appeal is 12800 INR.